We know you want to attend the 14th annual U.S. Sport Aviation Expo, set for January 24-27, 2018, on the Sebring Regional Airport, but just in case you’re having trouble making up your mind, here are the Top 10 Reasons you don’t want to miss Expo 2018.
BTW, you can buy your admissions tickets online today (Never too late to join the fun!) Go to www.sportaviationexpo.com/tickets.
- Demonstration flights available all day/every day – See up close, the latest in Sport and Adventure Aircraft: Cirrus, ICON, Pipistrel, AirCam, Bristell and more!
- More than 130 exhibitors displaying the planes and products you need and want for your flying fun. At the Sebring Expo, you will have plenty of time and opportunity to talk with company representatives to get your questions answered. The Sebring Expo is the premier aviation event dedicated for you to fly, to try and to buy!
- 64 educational forums bring you a wealth of aviation information. From “How to Avoid a Fighter Escort”, “Around the World in 50 Days”, “Light Sport Flying and Buying Tips”, to “The Drone Evolution”, the Sebring Expo Forums will cover the gamut of aviation subjects. The Expo also will host a two-day build-your-own-airplane workshop by Zenith Aircraft, and Part 107 Education Series for prospective UAS/Drone pilots and operators.
- Three dynamic Keynote Speakers! Hear AOPA’s Senior Director for Drones, Kathleen “Kat” Swain’s insight to the future of flight with Unmanned Systems, and, speaking about courage and challenges, Niloofar Rahmani will share what she faced to become the first women pilot of the Afghan Air Force. Expo is thrilled to welcome the return of renowned inspirational speaker and NASA astronaut, our friend, Dr. Story Musgrave.
- Rusty Pilot Seminars, presented by AOPA Ambassador Jamie Beckett on Friday, will help lapsed pilots get back in the left seat.
- Drones! Drones! Drones! Come for the exhibitsand demonstrations daily, and stay for the world-class Races! Competitors compete for Thousands of dollars in prizes.
- Internationally ranked Aerobatic Pilots and the Aircraft they fly will be on display, along with a Virtual Reality Experience that will blow you away!
- The History of Flight Comes to Life with a visit by the 1929 Ford Tri-Motor, one of the very first commercial passenger airplanes. Plus, “Flapping Flamingos, Batman!” – the 1960’s television series Bat Copter will perform on Friday and Saturday! Both special aircraft will be available for the brave and the bat-friendly to purchase a ride.
- The Youth Aviation Zone – “YAZ” – will be open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning, hosting Highlands County high school students for a day of Science, Technology and seriously awesome introductions to world-class aviation experts
- Great weather, great friends– new and old – and a great atmosphere in which to explore the latest in aviation equipment. The Expo also is the annual largest gathering of members of the Light Aircraft Manufacturers Association (LAMA).
Wait! There’s one more …
Youth under the age of 18 are admitted free on Saturday, January 27, 2018, when accompanied by an adult. Make it a day for the family! Explore what the airport has going on!