PILOT WAIVER 2017 I want to operate or fly in a motorized light sport or ultralight aircraft at the U.S. Sport Aviation Expo and realize that I will only be able to do so only if I release claims that I have or might have arising from the use of the Aircraft.
1. Promises a. I promise that I am over eighteen (18) years old.
b. I understand that the operation of the Aircraft involves inherent risk which includes personal injury, damage to my property, and even potentially my death. I understand these risks and wish to assume those risks of my own free will.
c. I acknowledge that no warranties, either expressed or implied, have been given to me concerning the safety of the flight, the fitness of the Aircraft or the conduct of the other aircraft at the Airport.
d. I agree to abide by all of the rules concerning the U.S. Sport Aviation Expo operating areas as well as those that apply to aircraft arriving at or departing from Sebring Regional Airport and those rules promulgated by the Federal Aviation Administration that are applicable to me.
2. Release I do hereby for myself, my successors, privies, employees, officers, directors, associations, partnerships and assigns, release, discharge, acquit, defend and holds harmless the Sebring Airport Authority, its insurers, insureds, suppliers, distributors, successors, privies, assigns, employees, officers, directors, associations, or partnerships of and from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, demands, payments, attorney’s fees, benefits, rights, damages, costs, loss of services, liens, expenses and compensation whatsoever which I have or which may hereafter accrue on account of or in any way growing out of any and all known and unknown, foreseen and unforeseen, bodily and mental personal injuries, contract damages and property damages to any and all of my real and personal property, and any consequences thereof resulting or to result from any act or omission by the Sebring Airport Authority, from the beginning of the world to the date of the execution of this Release.
3. Indemnification and Hold Harmless. I hereby agree to assume all risk of and indemnify, defend, and save harmless the Sebring Airport Authority from and against any and all loss, damages, cost or expense arising in any manner as a result of my activities at the U.S. Sport Aviation Expo. I will, at my own cost and expense, defend and protect the Sebring Airport Authority against any and all claims or demands which may be claimed to have arisen as a result of or in connection with my activities at the U.S. Sport Aviation Expo.
4. Binding and Enforcement. This agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective heirs, executors, representatives, successors and assigns; and no third party shall have any rights, privileges or other beneficial interest in or under this agreement. In any action brought for the interpretation or enforcement of the terms of this agreement, including the Sebring Airport Authority's right to indemnification, the Sebring Airport Authority shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees, paralegal fees, court and other costs, to and including appeal from me.
5. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT REQUIRED TO SIGN THIS WAIVER BUT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENGAGE IN THE OPERATION OF THE AIRCRAFT AS A PILOT IN EXPO PATTERN OR SHOWCASE IF I DO NOT SIGN.
6. Pilots I promise that I am a qualified pilot, I have properly checked out the Aircraft that I wish to fly and that I agree completely with all provisions in this document. I am desirous to fly or otherwise operate a motorized light sport or ultralight aircraft as an activity related to the US Sport Aviation Expo, and in order to be permitted to fly or otherwise operate such aircraft I am willing to take upon myself and release all others from the full responsibility for any and all such injuries, losses and damages which may occur to or be inflicted upon myself or my property, or the property or person of any other individual or entity, and the undersigned releasor fully understands that any instructions which are given to me concerning the operation of any such aircraft and any permission to fly or otherwise operate such aircraft have been undertaken and permitted ONLY because of my willingness to waive and release the claims and rights mentioned in this document.